Join the Theme!
The Theme is always seeking ways to improve the quality and scope of its research. It has identified the following ways of achieving this aim:
- Through increased national and international collaboration
- Through increased involvement of dental professionals in our research
- Through the recruitment of high quality postgraduate students
If you would like to collaborate on any ongoing projects or have suggestions for new research concerning the microbial basis of oral disease, contact email@example.com.
Potential areas of research for PhD projects include:
- Colonisation of the oral cavity by microorganisms
- Antimicrobial drug discovery
- Antimicrobial drug resistance mechanisms
- BLIS production by oral bacteria
- Haem acquisition by pathogenic bacteria
- Bacteriocin-facilitated gene exchange among oral streptococci
- Pathogenicity of Candida albicans
University of Otago postgraduate scholarships are available for candidates from New Zealand, Australia, France and Germany, wishing to participate in these programs.
Overseas students of outstanding ability are invited to apply for one of a range of prestigious partial International scholarships for postgraduate study.
Programs (with funding for working expenses) are available for candidates wishing to apply for Bright Future Scholarships.
For information on visa and immigration see http://www.immigration.govt.nz/study/.
If you are interested in applying for a postgraduate scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic addresses (including email accounts, instant messaging services, or telephone accounts) published on this page are for the sole purpose of contact with the individuals concerned, in their capacity as officers, employees or students of the University of Otago. Publication of any such electronic address is not to be taken as consent to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages by the address holder.